Welcome to Jenifer Hanen's Website
Ms. Jen's Upcoming
Nokia's Urbanista Diaries
Ms. Jen :: Feb.9 - 24, 2008:
Moleskine To Mobile
- Nokia's Sports Tracker could be 'Photo Tracker'
- Agh! Blog Software Blackout! Agh!
- Nokia Urbanista Diaries - How to Follow Along
- Yeah! DHL is Here! Yeah!
- Urbanista Diaries: The Chennai Photowalk
- Nokia's Urbanista Diaries : One Week Away!
- Nokia's Urbanista Diaries: The Countdown Begins
- Nokia's Updater
- LAtimes.com on St. Cecila's : Priest gives responsibility of running church to congregation & church life revives.
- Preach it, brother! - "I don't do much of anything that elicits the response: 'I never saw
a white man do that. Good for you. Your people must be so proud.'" - Milton on white man's burden.
Unique bird of the day: Saw a crow pulling a part a small hawk on top of a rusted metal oil pump/rig in Long Beach today. Was wondering if the hawk was dead or alive when the crow got it? Due to driving by at 45 mph, did not take a photo.
- Understanding Art for Geeks: ROTFL!!! via @WordRidden & @AndyBudd
Thomas Hawk on PhotoWalking: I may not agree with TH on all his points, but here is very good guide on how to take daily photos everywhere you go. The main point is to take a camera with you at all times, big or small, and take photos.
The SixtyOne: The Music version of Digg. Have you used it? Added songs or got inspired by SixtyOne?
SVN: While I hate SubVersion with a passion, C. Michael Pilato has been kind enough to put up a pdf version of his O'Reilly book online. I will try to reconcile myself with SVN. Maybe. Maybe not. Darn it all, I like FTP!
- How Windows Users are Conditioned: Tom Negrino sums up: "It was like a tire puncture or something; just one of those things that
happen. And that's what I find so pernicious about Windows. It's
conditioned tens of millions of people to the idea that computers are
unreliable and a huge pain in the ass. And that things that go wrong
just can't be helped."
Ernie & Royce on Working From Home
- Ben Brown on why he quit Facebook: "I don’t want the Internet to be the bastard child of basic cable and Walmart. I want the Internet to be something better, where control of the media really is democratized and where I can truly find content and services that are crafted with me and people like me in mind." (Ms. Jen says - Preach it, brother!)
Best bird sighting of the Week: An owl sitting on a big bough of an old oak tree at Irvine Regional Park.
- Jesus is Lord
- Landscape meets Sci-Fi : BLDGBLOG interviews Kim Stanley Robinson